- Peel and core apples.
- Dice apples and place in a large bowl.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples to help keep them from darkening.
- Thinly slice cabbage to form thin strips.
- Dice celery and bell pepper.
- Add cabbage, celery and bell pepper to apples.
- Add mayonnaise to salad and mix well.
NotesInstead of using low-fat mayonnaise try using 2 parts real mayonnaise and 1 part low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt.
2 1/2 Apples
MaterialsMeasuring spoon, Vegetable peeler, Sharp knife, Cutting board, Large bowl, Small container Spoon
More About Cabbage
How to Select
Look for firm cabbage heads that feel heavy for their size. The leaves should be tightly packed.
How to Store
Put whole or cut cabbage in a plastic bag. Keep in the refrigerator for up to one week
How to Prepare
Wash cabbage thoroughly just before using. Then, remove tough outer leaves, cut in half, and trim core.