1. Combine lentils, water, seasonings, onion, and tomatoes.
2. Place in 2 quart casserole dish.
3. Cover tightly with lid or foil.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and add carrots. Stir.
6. Cover and bake 30 minutes longer.
7. Remove cover and sprinkle cheese on top.
8. Bake, uncovered 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
NotesBaked lentils, vegetables, and cheese make a completely vegetarian dinner in one dish.
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand& stored in cold root cellar at 32-40
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops bottoms. Peel. To eat raw add to salads. Have as snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed Microwaved or boiled until tender.