1. Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 ºF.
2. Cut Vidalia onion into slices vertically; reserve about 1/4 of onion. Heat oil in a 10-inch non-stick skillet. Sauté onion and pepper slices for 5-8 minutes, until tender and just starting to brown. Remove from heat.
3. Beat eggs, milk, and pepper in large bowl, set aside.
4. Spray 8" or 9" baking pan (square or round) with cooking spray.
5. Arrange bread cubes in bottom of pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
6. Add sautéed vegetables and pour in egg mix.
7. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until set. Egg dishes should be cooked to 160 ºF.
8. While strata is baking, prepare salsa, by dicing and mixing cherry tomatoes, garlic, and remaining Vidalia onion.
NotesServing Suggestions: Serve with 8 oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk and 1/2 cup cantaloupe chunks
1 Vidalia onion (divided)
Materials8" or 9" baking pan, frying pan, large bowl.
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin.Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!