1. Wash hands with soap and warm water.
2. Place cantaloupe and 1/2 cup orange juice in a container of a blender or food processor.
3. Cover with lid and blend until smooth. Transfer to large bowl.
4. Stir in lime juice, cinnamon, and remaining orange juice.
5. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Serve chilled.
1 cantaloupe (peeled, seeded, and cubed)
MaterialsSHARP KNIFE TO CUT MELON, SPOON TO SCOOP OUT SEEDS, MEASURING SPOON, MEASURING CUP
More About Melons
How to Select
Look for cantaloupes with a sweet smell. They should feel slightly soft near the stem.Look for honeydew and watermelons that feel heavy for their size and sound hollow when tapped.
How to Store
Keep whole melons on the counter and eat within a few days. Put cut melons in a sealed container and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
How to Prepare
Wash melons before cutting as they can have harmful bacteria on the surface. Using a sharp chef knife, cut the melon in half on a cutting board. With the cut (flat) side down, cut it in half again. You can then slice the melon into triangular wedges for easy eating, or you can cut the melon flesh into bite-sized pieces.