1. In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup chicken broth over medium heat.
2. Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft, stirring often.
3. Add zucchini. Cook until soft, stirring often.
4. Stir in corn, tomatoes, and the rest of the broth. Turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
5. Turn heat down to low, and add milk. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
NotesTo prepare fresh corn, remove husk and silk from corn. Place ears in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. To store fresh corn, leave husk on and wrap in a plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 zucchini, chopped
2 cups corn
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup low-fat milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
MaterialsCutting board, Medium bowl, Measuring cups, Mixing spoon, Sharp knife, Large pot
More About Zucchini
How to Select
Choose zucchini that feel heavy for their size. The skin should be free from cuts and bruises. Small to medium size zucchini have more flavor.
How to Store
Store zucchini in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and use within a few days
How to Prepare
Wash the zucchini under cool running water and then cut off both ends. Slice as desired. Both the peel and the seeds of summer squash are edible