- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and
- sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt; let cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, mustard, curry powder to taste, pepper and the remaining ½ tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper and peas; stir well to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
- 2 ½ pounds yellow or red potatoes,
- scrubbed and diced ( ½- to 1-inch)
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup frozen peas, thawed
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Choose firm potatoes with smooth skin. Avoid potatoes that are shriveled, bruised, or have sprouts. Also avoid potatoes with any green coloring
How to Store
Store potatoes in a cool, dark, and dry place (not the refrigerator). Place them in a burlap bag or plastic bag with holes. When stored properly, potatoes can keep up to five weeks.
How to Prepare
Wash potatoes thoroughly before cooking.