1. Peel the carrots. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1 inch pieces.
2. Melt the margarine in a heavy saucepan on low heat.
3. Add the carrots. Stir to coat them with the margarine.
4. Add the water, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes until tender.
6. Drain the water.
7. Add the sugar.
8. Cover the pan.
9. Shake the pan back and forth on the burner for 1 minute.
10. Cook for 1 more minute, until the carrots are glazed but not brown.
2 tablespoons margarine
Materialsmeasuring spoon, measuring cup, stove, heavy saucepan
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand& stored in cold root cellar at 32-40
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops bottoms. Peel. To eat raw add to salads. Have as snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed Microwaved or boiled until tender.