- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
1/2 cup dry lentils
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup reduced fat Italian dressing
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)