- Wash and drain lentils. Place in saucepan, add water and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered about 20 minutes. Do not overcook. The lentils should be tender with skin intact. Drain immediately.
- Combine the lentils with cooked rice, pour dressing over mixture and refrigerate until cool.
- Add rest of ingredients, except parsley, mix well.
- Garnish with parsley before serving (optional).
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
1/2 cup dry lentils
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup reduced fat Italian dressing
1/2 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
3 Tablespoons chopped onion
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
6 sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Materialsstove or hot plate, saucepan, measuring spoon, measuring cup, chopping knife, cutting board
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin.Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!