- Lay two tortillas on a clean cutting board or on two plates.
- Place 1/4 of the cheese on each tortilla.
- Divide pears, peppers, and onion between the two tortillas.
- Divide the remaining cheese between the two tortillas. Top with remaining two tortillas.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Place one quesadilla in pan. Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until bottom of quesadilla begins to look a little brown.
- With large spatula, gently turn quesadilla over and cook the other side until a little brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Gently slide quesadilla onto plate. Cook the second quesadilla.
- Cut each cooked quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve.
4 medium whole wheat tortillas
1 cup grated cheese (try cheddar or jack)
1 cup pear cubes (fresh or canned/drained)
1⁄2 cup finely chopped green or red peppers
2 Tablespoons minced onion (green, red, or yellow)
Materialsskillet, stove, spatula, cutting board, chopping knife
More About Bell Peppers
How to Select
Choose peppers that are brightly colored and firm with tight skin.Avoid dull or shriveled peppers.
How to Store
Refrigerate bell peppers and use within 5 days.
How to Prepare
Peppers can be eaten raw, grilled, baked or sauted. Top them on pizzas, throw them on salads or stuff them and bake them for a delicious meal!