1. Measure 6 cups of water into a (4 quart or larger) sauce pan.
2. Bring water to a boil over high heat and add pasta. Cook until tender (about 8 to 10 minutes), stirring occasionally. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain well.
3. Add dressing; toss lightly.
4. Add meat and vegetables, and toss again.
5. Chill until ready to serve.
6. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
NotesSubstitute cooked beef, pork, tuna, salmon, turkey, shrimp, or hard-boiled egg for the chicken.
2 cups uncooked pasta, such as macaroni or rotini
1/2 cup reduced-fat salad dressing
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut in 1" pieces
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 can(4 ounces) sliced black olives
Materials4 quart saucepan to boil pasta, measuring cup, measuring spoons, chopping board, knife for cutting vegetables, can opener
More About Tomatoes
How to Select
Look for plump tomatoes with smooth skin, an even color, and a sweet smell. They should feel slightly firm
How to Store
Keep ripe tomatoes at room temperature and away from direct sunlight for up to five days. Put firm tomatoes in a paper bag until ripe Put cut or cooked tomatoes in the refrigerator for up to two days