1. Combine arugula (or spinach), red peppers, red onion, and white beans in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
4. Serve and enjoy!
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.cookinglight.com
- 3 cups chopped arugula or spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or 1 can (16 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or other vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
More About Arugula
How to Select
Look for bright green leaves that are delicately crisp, and stems that are neither withered nor slimy.
How to Store
Loosely wrap in damp paper towels and place in a plastic bag for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
How to Prepare
Discard any slimy greens. Rinse greens in cold water. Dry well - pat between towels, or used salad spinner. Use it fresh in salads, sandwiches & wraps for a strong, peppery flavor. Steamed, saut or stir-fry. Add it to pasta dishes, homemade pizza, soups, casseroles, omelets and any Italian dish.