1. Rinse and dice bell pepper, removing core and seeds. Peel, rinse, and dice onion.
2. If using, rinse and chop cilantro leaves.
3. In a colander, drain and rinse black-eyed peas and corn.
4. In a large bowl, add pepper, onion, peas, corn, cilantro if using, and remaining ingredients. Mix well.
NotesUse any type of vinegar you have on hand. Try balsamic, cider, or red or white wine vinegar. Use black beans in place of black-eyed peas if you like.
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, no salt added
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper