1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add potatoes in a single layer.
2. Cook for 10 minutes, or until browned. Turn often.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos, cover and reduce heat to low.
4. Cook for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Stir often.
5. In a large bowl, combine potatoes with the lemon juice,
green onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
7. Refrigerate leftovers.
NotesTo prepare potatoes, rinse well and scrub skins to remove dirt.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups chopped potatoes
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Materialslarge frying pan, stove or electric skillet, chopping board, chopping knife, measuring cup, measuring spoon
More About Potatoes
How to Select
Choose firm potatoes with smooth skin. Avoid potatoes that are shriveled, bruised, or have sprouts. Also avoid potatoes with any green coloring
How to Store
Store potatoes in a cool, dark, and dry place (not the refrigerator). Place them in a burlap bag or plastic bag with holes. When stored properly, potatoes can keep up to five weeks.
How to Prepare
Wash potatoes thoroughly before cooking.