1. Rinse cucumbers. Peel off skin every 1/4 inch, all the way around. Cut lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
2. Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
3. Rinse and chop green onions.
4. Drain tuna. In a colander, drain and rinse beans.
5. In a medium bowl, mash beans lightly with a fork.
6. Add green onions, tuna, oil, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice to beans. Mix with a fork.
7. Fill each cucumber half with 1/4 tuna mixture. Serve.
NotesAdd chopped bell pepper or celery for extra nutrition and crunch.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions
- 1 (6-ounce) can low-sodium tuna, packed in water
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can white beans
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or country mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper