1. Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before serving
2. In a heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and cover the pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove pan from heat using a pot holder
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add ground turkey. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until meat is no long pink. Reduce heat to low
4. Stir in soy sauce.
5. Add cooked rice, vegetables, and black pepper. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and mixture is hot
6. Spoon even amounts onto 4 plates
7. Serve immediately.
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 oz. lean ground turkey
4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
3 cups frozen vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, pea pods)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper