1. Scrub and rinse radishes and carrots. Rinse salad greens. Pat all veggies dry.
2. Use a vegetable peeler to peel radishes and carrots into long, thin strips. In a medium bowl, collect veggie strips.
3. Rinse herbs. Pluck leaves off stems. Tear leaves into smaller pieces.
4. Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half and remove seeds.
5. Grate cheese.
6. Slice avocado lengthwise. Remove pit. Scoop avocado out of shell.
7. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash avocado. Stir in yogurt.
8. Squeeze a little lemon juice onto avocado mixture. Add herbs and a pinch of lemon zest. Stir.
9. Warm 1 tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds, or longer as needed.
10. Place the warm tortilla on a cutting board. Spread 1/8 avocado mixture over center of tortilla. Layer with 1/8 greens, 1/8 grated veggies, and 1/8 cheese. If using turkey, add 1/8 turkey now. Squeeze more lemon juice over the mixture.
11. Roll tortilla and toppings into a log shape. Use a knife to slice wrap into four “pinwheels.”
12. Repeat process for the other 2 tortillas. You will end up with a total of 12 pinwheels.
NotesUse any of your favorite seasonal veggies in this wrap. Grate, chop, or peel into thin slices before adding.
- 4 large radishes
- 1 small carrot
- 1 cup salad greens
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs (parsley, dill, cilantro, or combination)
- 1 lemon
- 2 ounces low-fat Swiss or cheddar cheese
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 (8-inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
- 5 ounces thinly sliced roasted turkey
MaterialsBox grater, Cutting board, Fork, Medium bowl ,Measuring cups, Sharp knife, Small bowl, Vegetable peeler
More About Carrots
How to Select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted or split carrots.
How to Store
Refrigerate in a plastic bag with some air holes. Can last 4-5 months if packed in moist sand& stored in cold root cellar at 32-40
How to Prepare
Rinse with cold water. Trim off tops bottoms. Peel. To eat raw add to salads. Have as snack with dip. Carrots can be steamed Microwaved or boiled until tender.